This recipe is an idea for a healthy meal. It’s colours and structure attracts attention and it is fun to eat. My daughter loves to play with the balls, deconstructing them and then eat it piece by piece.
The recipe does not consist salt and pepper.
You can also play around with it by adding different vegetable or, by multiplying ingredients and creating a meal for a whole family.
15 g of couscous
50 g of minced chicken breast or tight (or any minced meat)
half of shallot
1 slice of red pepper
1 slice of yellow pepper
1 tsp of fresh herbs (parsley or basil works best)
- Place peppers and shallot on the baking tray, sprinkle with rapeseed oil. Put them in preheated oven and bake in 180 C for 20min. When ready cool them down a bit.
- In the meantime, put your couscous in the small bowl and cover it with boiling water. Place a small lid on top of the bow and leave it on the side for 15 min. This will allow the couscous to swell.
- When peppers are cool enough to handle, cut them in small squares and add to the minced chicken. Add couscous.
- Mixed everything thoroughly. Form a small balls -size of walnut shell. It should make 5-6 balls. Place them on the baking tray or small porcelain dish , sprinkle with rapeseed oil and bake it for 20 min in 180C.
- Cool down and serve with fresh veg of your choice.