Almost weekend! Is it hot or cold where you are? Here is not very warm unfortunately but it is summer in the end and summer means unlimited ice cream treats … at least I have such a summer philosophy. This dish it is a classic parfait recipe from Gordon Ramsey but with addition of my own lavender and fresh apricot compote. Very summery combination and very, very yummy. Enjoy!
120g (4¼oz) egg yolks
200g (7oz) caster sugar
500ml (2 cups) double cream
100g (3½oz) white chocolate
1 tsp edible lavender
350 (four medium size apricots)
50 gr sugar
150 ml water
1. Put the egg yolks in an electric mixer and mix them at a slow speed.
2. Place the sugar in a small saucepan with a little water and bring to the boil for 5 minutes.
3. Pour the hot sugar into the yolks and turn up the speed in the mixer a little.
4. When the yolks are cold and frothy, remove from mixer.
5. Melt the chocolate and fold into the yolks in a mixing bowl.
6. Semi-whip the cream and fold this into chocolate mix.
7. Finally add lavender.
8. Pour the mix into small pots, and freeze overnight.
9. When ready serve with apricot compote below.
Halve, stone and cut the apricots in small pieces. Put the sugar and water into a pan, then heat until the sugar has dissolved. Add the apricots and cook over a gentle heat for 5-7 mins or until the apricots are soft, then leave to cool. Serve in a dish alongside the parfait. Any leftover will keep in the fridge foe up to 7 days.