1.Serrano ham and peach nibbles.
Makes 20 portions
- 2 juicy peaches
- few basil brunches
- a packet of serrano ham (120 g)
Method : Slice the peaches. Wrap a basil leaf and a slice of Serrano ham around each peach slice and put a small cocktail stick through each.
2. White bean hummus
- 1x 400 g tin of white Spanish beans or butter beans
- 1 small glove of garlic
- 1 spoon of sour cream or crème fraîche
- 5-6 spoons of olive oil
- juice of half lemon
Method: blitz the beans with the garlic, lemon juice, some seasoning and 5-6 tbsp olive oil (or enough to make it a smooth purée). Serve with fresh flat bread or toasted baguette.
3. Warm chorizo, chickpeas and pepper salad.
- 200g chorizo
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 400 g can chickpea tin, drained and rinsed
- 250g jar roasted mixed pepper drained and roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
- 2 tbsp natural yogurt
- Cut the chorizo into 1 cm thick slices. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a high heat. Cook the chorizo for 2-3 minutes, turning occasionally until the edges start to crisp and it has released its red oil.
- Tip the chickpeas into the pan and cook for a couple of minutes until hot. Add the peppers and cook for a few minutes until everything’s juicy. Remove from the heat, stir in the coriander, ladle into two bowls and top each with a spoonful of yogurt.
4. Manchego and apple bites
- 1 baguette
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 Pink lady apples or similar, cored and cut into wedges (it should make about 24 in total)
- 50-75g Manchego cheese, cut into triangles
- Cut the baguette into small canapés
- Heat a griddle pan until really hot. Brush canapés with the oil and griddle for 2-3 minutes, turning until lightly charred on both sides. Remove and put onto a board.
- Add the apple wedges to the griddle pan and cook for 2-3 minutes, turning halfway until lightly charred.
- To assemble, top each of bread with slice of apple and a triangle of cheese. Secure with a cocktail stick and serve.
5. Pan con tomate
- Large Bloomer loaf (Thickly sliced)
- Raw Garlic Cloves
- Fresh vine ripened tomatoes
- Good quality Olive oil
- Sea salt
- Toast Bread on both sides
- Rub Raw garlic over freshly toasted bread (1 clove per slice)
- Cut tomatoes in half, rub and squeeze all over bread. Sprinkle with sea salt to taste. Drizzle good quality olive oil over and ENJOY ! Note: It really is worth using vine tomatoes as they really enhance the flavour.