This gorgeous looking plate might be show stealer at your christmas party. It is so simple and great looking. Beetroot and Mozarella are two very mild flavours and so the secret of this dish is to crete an acidity with beetroot which will compensate a very mild flavour of cheese.
For simple dishes like this always use the best quality ingredients you can find.
Ps. Salad on above picture was prepared for two persons using small plate of 22 cm
Have fun this Christmas season.
For 4 people;
500 g cooked beetroots, sliced in 0.5 cm
250 g Buffalo Mozzarella, sliced in 0.5 cm
about 100 g of rucola
4 tbs good quality aceto balsamico
4 tbs lemon juice
4 tbs olive oil
- Cut beetroot in 0.5 cm slices and mix it with lemon juice, two spoons of olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Cut Mozarella and sprinkle it with salt.
- Spread rucola on a big plate, creating a wreath and sprinkle it with 2 table spoons of olive oil.
- Decorate the wreath in turns, using 2 slices of beets and 1 of Mozarella.
- Serve immediately. Suggest your guest to use Acceto balsamico – 1 tbs per serving.