Hello Spring! Have you dine al fresco already? This coconut lime chicken is for everyone out there who is searching for lighter and easy to prepare dinner. Perfect spring dish, juicy and light but substantial.
Ingredients for 4 people
- 4 whole chicken legs
- 1 large lemon
- 250 g tomatoes
- 1 green chilli
- 4 medium garlic cloves
- 250 ml chicken stock
- 400 ml Thai coconut milk
- 2 dryKaffir lime leaves or 1 lemon grass (crushed )
- 25 ml coconut oil or vegetable oil.
- Preheat oven to 180 C. Cut chicken legs in half and season with salt and pepper. Wash lemon and cut into 4 slices. Halve tomatoes horizontally into thick slices. Wash chilli, cult half, remove the seeds.
- Heat coconut oil in a roasting pan, add garlic and chicken. Fry chicken pieces until they have nice golden skin. Put aside. Using the same frying pan, separately fry lemons and tomatoes. Lemons for 2-3 min on each side, tomatoes only briefly.
- Place the stock, coconut milk, chilli, kaffir lime leaves and some salt and pepper to taste, in the big roasting pan. Add lemons and chicken pieces. Place the chicken with skin side up. Cook in a preheated oven for 45-60 minutes ( depends on chicken legs size)
- Add tomatoes 10 min before finish.
- Take the roasting pan out of the oven, let the chicken pieces rest for 5 minutes. Serve with Tai rice.