A very traditional Easter Cake in my family. There are so many recipes for a bund cake and for many years I was looking for the one perfect recipe which could stay in my recipe book and be baked for this special occasion – Easter. Finally I have it. It is perfect indeed. Very soft but moist and stays fresh for days. You can easily make it on Good Friday and will be still fresh through Easter.
For 18-20 cm bundt form (1 litre capacity)
- 200 g butter in room temperature
- 180 g sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 120 g flour
- 100 g ground almond
- 1,5 teaspoonbaking powder
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- for frosting: 1/2 cup of icing sugar 2-3 tablespoons boiling water
- Grease bundt form and sprinkle with flour- flush excess of flour. Preheat the oven to 160 C.
- Sift flour with baking powder, then mix with almonds, put aside.
- Using mixer beat the butter with sugar into a light and fluffy mass. When sugar and butter are well combine start to add the eggs one after the other, mixing the butter well after each addition to obtain a smooth mass.
- Add almond extract, blend.
- Add the sifted flour with powder and almonds to the butter and roughly mix with the spatula- only to combine the ingredients, no longer.
- Transfer the dough to the form.
- Bake at 160ºC for about 40 – 45 minutes or until the so-called dry stick. Remove from the oven, cool down in the form, then take it out
- . Make frosting by placing the ingredients in a bowl and rubbing with a spoon. Adjust the density of the icing with the addition of water (if it is too thick) or powdered sugar (if too thin).
Bon Appetit !